This year our event will be held at the Southwest University of Visual Arts (SUVA).
SUVA strives to become an exemplary force in higher education recognized as a leading College of Art and Design.
MISSION OF THE COLLEGE
SUVA educates students to excel in the fields of Fine Arts, Design, Advertising and Visual Communications within a student focused environment committed to the highest standards of academic achievement, scholarly inquiry, creativity and citizenship in a diverse world community.
SUVA operates to fulfill its mission according to an established set of values and ideals that support the goals of the college. These values and ideals serve as the compass that guides the institution’s plan and its day-to-day activities and decisions.
HIGH STANDARDS REFLECTING QUALITY AND INTEGRITY
SUVA values and believes in:
- maintaining an environment that focuses on personal excellence and maintaining integrity in all facets of the college environment.
- adapting to the professional and world community by remaining attentive to social and technological changes.
- maintaining accountability for the quality of the educational programs offered by the college.
- being open and responsive to individual ideas and specific needs and listening carefully to all opinions and perceptions.
- understanding our world as one large, complex community.
Here in the high country of the Southwest is cultural Albuquerque, New Mexico. Just 10 minutes from SUVA is Sandia Peak. Sandia Peak is in the Cibola National Forest and offers great recreational opportunities such as Tramway rides, camping in the aspens, skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking and other year-round fun.
The world’s greatest Balloon Fiesta is held in Albuquerque in October. Over 1,000 balloonists and millions of balloon enthusiasts come to join in the balloon antics. Old Town, a historic shopping area, is rich with culture and shopping and has a little something for everyone.