Primary Audience: Developer | Level: Advanced | About Bryce»
We’ll review the WordPress Hook/Action/Filter process, including:
- Overview of hooks, actions, and filters. Why / when to use them, what they are, etc.
- Some common ways hooks can make your life easier.
- List of core actions/filters, how to modify them, how to find out more information.
- How to avoid conflicts with other plugins / wordpress core
- How to list what hooks are currently active, and see their priority
- How to fix troublesome plugins by deregistering / modifying plugin functions (without having to change the plugin’s source code!)
- How to build a simple plugin using hooks (if time allows)